Project Manager - Networks
Hard work. Great adventure. Better experience.
We are SmartWays – we help people grow and make a good career decision. We are specialist recruitment partner in IT Recruitment and we encourage you to join our IT community.
We work with great companies across EMEA to drive their business outcomes with best-in-class IT Professionals. We are currently looking for Project Manager - Networks for our Client in the UK.
Please read this carefully to find out if this offer is for You.
Our Partner is IAG GBS (Global Business Services). They are part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS Group IT is looking for a Project Manager who will have a unique opportunity to act as a trusted business advisor in managing IT projects within Networks area. If doing so, you will gain an insight into the international airline industry and better understanding of IT and business process.
- Act as the key conduit between the technology tower and both Group IT and the relevant business area, leveraging effective relationships to establish confidence, trust and respect.
- Establish and nurture a trusted relationship with senior stakeholders and their teams in Group IT and the business, ensuring strategies are aligned and priorities are understood.
- Perform the relevant project management processes i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication and stakeholder management.
- Act as an escalation point during service interruption incidents. Is a conduit for information flow across technology towers, Group IT and with the business, throughout incidents and during follow-up activity. Works collaboratively across technology towers, liaising with service heads to ensure incident resolution.
- Maintain a strong awareness of IT industry best practice and trends, identifying opportunities for innovation and business change.
- Define and lead, in conjunction with senior stakeholders across the business, the direction and delivery of the Group IT Roadmap.
- Senior stakeholder management, with a proven ability of influencing and persuading internally and externally
- Strong project management skills, organising and planning projects from vision to implementation and review
- Deep understanding of processes within Group IT Service and Infrastructure and the technology tower, in particular the key customer interface points
- Business partnering, working as a valued partner with internal and external stakeholders across a diverse operation, delivering a value-added service to customers
- Good application of supplier management skills, building effective relationships through a business partnering approach, ensuring service levels are maintained for business customers
- If applicable, a proven track record of managing medium-sized complex projects
What’s in it for you?
- Becoming the significant contributor to an ongoing global digital transformation.
- Joining worldwide recognised airline group
- Having a wide exposure to business stakeholders.